Security alert in city after Hyderabad blasts
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Following the blasts in Hyderabad, a security alert was sounded in Pune from Thursday night and vigilance in the city increased.
M B Tambade, deputy commissioner of police (special branch), said, "We have retained security arrangements made for the bandh and have also made some additions."
He said, "Police stations have been put on alert and fixed-point bandobast made at sensitive locations. We have stepped up vigilance at crowded places through intense patrolling."
Police stepped up security across Pune city on Thursday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet