Security beefed up at agricultural varsity
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
There was heavy police security inside the PAU campus on Friday in view of the Prime Minister's visit on December 8. All the gates of PAU were closed for outsiders and only the residents were allowed to enter and that too with proper identification proof. In addition to this, the police authorities asked all the commercial complexes - malls and others - on Ferozepur road not to allow parking in the service lane which is done on a routine basis. Parking if any can be done in the basement of complexes and if the buildings have not yet made the parking complexes, they will be themselves be responsible for getting parking done else where.
Meanwhile, NSG and SGP commandos were deployed inside the PAU campus while the Punjab Police personnel have been deputed outside the campus at various locations of the city.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM