Security tightened for Rahul Gandhi's visit
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Security arrangements have been tightened for Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi's visit here tomorrow. Gandhi, who arrived in the state today and met party workers from western Odisha at Sambalpur, is scheduled to come here on Tuesday morning. "He will speak with the panchayat, block and district level functionaries of the party here in morning and afternoon. A meeting with senior party leaders will take place at an extended working committee meeting in the evening, before leaving for New Delhi," city Congress president Muhammed Moqim said. The city police and SPG have taken over the security of the community hall located in Markat Nagar area, where Gandhi will meet Congress workers. He will arrive at Charbatia airstrip near Choudwar in the morning, from where he would travel by road to the meeting venue, a distance of about 15 kms, a police officer said.
The venue has been "protected" and the road in front of the meeting hall sealed. Plain clothed policemen and those with arms have been deployed in the satellite city of Markat Nagar, sources said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations