See saw: Swadeshi Wardrobe
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Picking up from Gandhi's Swadeshi movement, design studio and clothing brand Creative Bee will launch a collection of hand spun clothing and home furnishing — called "Swadeshi" — which is based on handwoven textiles and natural dyes. It will include a range of sarees, dupattas, stoles, fashion fabrics and home furnishings woven and dyed from natural extracts such as fruits, barks, roots, flowers, leaves and minerals. Swadeshi products are available at Creative Bee's Delhi store at T-72, Hauz Khas Village.
Between the Lines
Coinciding with its 100th anniversary, the Oxford University Press will release an illustrated edition of My Early Life, one of India Press' earliest books (first published in 1932). A concise autobiography of Gandhi's formative years — from his early childhood, school days, his struggles as a young attorney to his austere life in South Africa — the book took shape through Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, while Gandhi was in prison. The new edition, now named My Early Life: an Illustrated Story, annotated by Gandhi scholar Lalitha Zachariah, includes contextual notes and line drawings complementing the story of a young Gandhi. The book is priced at Rs 295.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’