Selectors speaks to under-fire Virender Sehwag
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
With speculation building over the likely axing of Virender Sehwag from India's ODI team for the home series against England, selectors Vikram Rathore and Saba Karim had a long chat with the under-fire opener ahead of the third and final ODI against Pakistan on Sunday.
Rathore and Karim, in turns, held discussions with Sehwag for more than 20 minutes each during the Indian team's training session at the Ferozeshah Kotla grounds on Saturday.
In between two batting stints at the nets, Sehwag was seen in a one-to-one conversation with each of the two selectors.
Rathore first spoke for more than 20 minutes after Sehwag had his first hit. After that Karim was seen having an animated chat with the beleaguered Delhi opener.
The two selectors, after some time, also had a discussion with Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, which lasted for around 15 minutes.
There has been intense speculation that one among Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir would be getting the boot when the selection committee, headed by Sandeep Patil, meet tomorrow to choose the team for the five-match home ODI series, starting in Rajkot on January 11.
The Delhi duo have failed to provide a good start for some time now and that has hurt the team most.
Gambhir, though, might escape the axe on the back of hitting two centuries and two half centuries for 388 runs at an average of 38.80 in his last 10 matches.
Sehwag, on the other hand, has managed just one fifty in his last 10 ODI innings with scores of 31, 4, 34, 3, 15, 96, 30, 5, 0 and 20 for a total of 238 runs at a dismal average of 23.80.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow