Semi finals spotted in football tourney
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Strong contenders St. Stephen's School, Sector 45, overpowered Tribune Model School by 4-0 on the fourth day of the Chandigarh Sub Junior State Football Tournament for Coca Cola Cup being played at the Sector 17 Football Stadium in Chandigarh on Saturday. Although the Tribune boys tried their best but all went in vain to match their rivals. They created a few good moves but their shooting was erratic. St Stephen's opened their account in the 12th minute when right winger Rinrerthan scored their first goal with an angular shot. Stung by this goal the Tribune Model boys made repeated moves to equalize but failed due to erratic shooting.The Stephen's boys scored their second goal in 33rd minute through right striker Gurkaran.The winners led 2-0 at half time.St Stephen's maintained their pressure and added two more goals to their kitty in 43rd and 48th minutes through right half Chirag and the right striker Gurkaran, respectively.Delhi Public School-40 recorded a hard-fought 2-1 verdict against Government Model Senior Secondary School-22 by 2-1 margin.
DPS-40 were first to open the account in 6th minute when their left striker Gurkaran dribbled past two defenders before scoring with a powerful shot.Down by a goal Govt. Model boys countered attacks. They repeatedly raided the rivals goal and their moves bore fruits in the 16th minute when they equalized though striker Akash who impressed the public with his dribbling and speedy runs.Both teams tried hard to get the better of each other. However, on resumption, DPS-40 snatched the match winner in 49th minute when there right half Arpit headed the ball into the rivals goal. Govt. Model boys tried hard to equalize but failed due to tight defence of the rivals.In the third quarter final match St. Kabir School-26 lost to DAV Sr. Sec. School, Sector 38 by 2-3 goals via tie breaker as no team could score any goal in full time. In the fourth match Chandigarh Police Academy-26 beat Mount Carmel School-47 (B) by 2-0 goals. All winning teams made it to the last four stage.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet