Senior citizens hold annual function
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Chandigarh Senior Citizens Association and Chandigarh Senior Citizens Brotherhood, Sector 37, on Friday jointly celebrated their annual function at Mahajan Bhawan Sector 37.
During the event senior citizens walked on the ramp. Ranjan Kapoor bagged the first prize while Shashi Khanna stood second in female category. Shivjit Walia was placed third. In the male category Devinder Singh Chaudhary won the title while SL Bhutani ranked second. JN Shastri stood third. SC Kapoor and his wife won the title in the couple's category. Inder Kumar Thakral and his wife were the runners up, while Shivjit Singh Walia and his spouse were second runners up.
Meritorious senior citizens, who have exemplary achievements in different fields were honoured. The recipients included Nek Chand, J Saupins, Milkha Singh, Prof Yashpaul, Maj Gen M S.Kandal (Retd), V S Sodhi, J S Bawa, V P Prabhakar, Parvesh Sethi and Suchinta Khurana.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow