Senior citizens’ murder: Cops question acquaintances
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A day after R K Buraru (75), a retired deputy director of the Song and Drama division of the I & B Ministry, and his wife Durga Devi were found murdered in their East Delhi apartment, police have established that robbery was the motive behind the murder.
They have so far questioned 30 people in connection with the case. Ten teams have been constituted to identify people who would have had access to the couple and were aware of the couple's daily routine.
A senior police officer said, "The entry into the house was friendly. So we suspect that the accused was someone known to the couple."
Police said the couple had changed their domestic helps five times in the past few months and were looking into the whereabouts of these persons. Police are also questioning the labourers working at the construction site next to the house as well as the tenants, who were living on the other floors of the apartment complex.
The couple's maid had come across their bodies on Tuesday evening and alerted police. The entire was found to be ransacked.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations