Seven fined for defacing public property
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
As many as 16 cases were registered at the Sector-17 police station under the West Bengal Property Defacement Act on December 8 for pasting posters and advertisements on public property. Seven accused in the cases confessed to the crime and were fined by a local court on Tuesday.
The accused confessed putting up advertisements at bus stands and other areas of Sector 22, and they were fined Rs 1,000 each.
Out of 20 reports that were registered on December 8, 16 pertained to property defacement.
Most cases were against unknown people. However, those who had given their contact details on the advertisements were summoned by the police. They were arrested and were later released on bail.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held