Seven ministers bite dust in the Gujarat Assembly elections 2012
Seven of Narendra Modi's ministers, including government spokesperson Jaynarayan Vyas, lost in the Gujarat Assembly elections 2012.
Of the seven, three are Cabinet ministers.
Agriculture Minister Dileep Sanghani lost to Paresh Dhanani of Congress by a margin of 29,893 votes from Amreli.
Health Minister Jaynarayan Vyas was humbled by Balvantsinh Rajput of Congress at Siddhpur in Patan district by 25,824 votes. Vyas had defeated Rajput by a margin of 2,429 votes in 2007.
Similarly, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Fakirbhai Vaghela lost to Congress's Jethabhai Vaghela by a margin of 22,839 votes from Vadgam in Banaskantha district.
Among junior ministers, Minister of State for Forest and Environment Kiritsinh Rana put up a brave fight but lost to sitting Congress MP Soma Ganda by a margin of 1,561 votes from Limbdi Assembly seat in Surendranagar district.
Minister of State for Agriculture Kanubhai Bhalala was defeated by Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel at Visavadar by a margin of 42,186 votes.
Minister of State for Home Praful Patel too lost his Himatnagar seat by the margin of 12,356 votes to Rajendrasinh Chavda of Congress.
Minister of State for Education Jaisinh Chauhan lost to Congress's Mahendrasinh Baraiya by a margin of 7,014 votes from Prantij.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow