Seven-year-old strangled after rape: FSL report
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The seven-year-old girl of Narsingpur village in Santrampur taluka of the Panchmahals district was strangled after being raped on Monday, police said on Wednesday adding a hunt to arrest the suspects was on. "The post mortem report has confirmed the child was first raped and than strangulated to death by the suspects with his hand," Lunavada circle police inspector Harshad Sutar said. The autopsy was conducted at district sub-hospital in Santrampur late on Tuesday evening. Meanwhile, a team of forensic experts from Godhra inspected the site from where the girl's body.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'