Severely injured, leopard recovers at Delhi Zoo
Joint Director of the Delhi Zoo T C Nautiyal said: "She growls and tries to get up when someone goes close."
Around three years ago, Wildlife SOS had tried to capture another leopard, who was sighted in North Delhi. But the big cat was not found. In 2008, a leopard was caught in the Gurgaon after killing several animals in the area.
Shy and Elusive
Leopards are elusive, solitary and largely nocturnal
They are very agile and can run at over 58 kmph, leap over 20 feet horizontally and jump up to 10 feet vertically ó the wall that the Delhi leopard tried to leap over was at least 15-foot high
They are also very versatile and opportunistic hunters
They have a broad diet that includes rodents, reptiles, amphibians, insects and birds
Leopards are known for their ability in climbing and are powerful swimmers
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow