Sex or talent?
Sent to satisfy another aristocrat customer, Belle de Jour fails miserably. Instead, she becomes the favourite sex-partner of a gun-toting young Italian gangster with horrible broken metal teeth—consequences of hoodlum activities. This astonishing surrealistic movie of Spanish director Luis Bunuel was so unique that Catherine Deneuve was elevated to another level, as the all time elegant French beauty in spite of her prostitute's role at age 23. She participated in existential philosopher, feminist writer Simone de Beauvoir's 1972 Manifesto of 343 Sluts for legalising abortion. 343 prominent Frenchwomen exposed themselves to criminal prosecution by falsely admitting they had abortions. French Health Minister Simone Veil legalised abortion in 1975.
The fragility of women's sex appeal can ruin or raise careers unless they're alert and self-controlled. I'm inspired to narrate next week onwards how women—artists to activists—have to struggle to establish their liberty, personality and creativity. Such movements raised the confidence of young women even in India.
Shombit Sengupta is an international creative business strategy consultant to top management. Reach him at www.shiningconsulting.com
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow