'Sex racket': Shah Rukh Khan's Kolkata Knight Riders cheergirl arrested
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Social Security Cell of the Pune police crime branch on Wednesday arrested a 22-year old — who worked as a cheergirl of Shah Rukh Khan's IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders — from a hotel in Koregaon Park area for her alleged involvement in a prostitution racket. The police have also arrested an agent identified as Seema Bhagwan Jagtap (34).
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Social Security Cell led by senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge contacted Jagtap through a decoy customer. Jagtap allegedly assured the decoy customer that she would provide him the model-cum-cheergirl at the hotel for Rs 1.5 lakh.
After the decoy customer confirmed sex trade, the police raided the spot and nabbed the cheergirl along with Jagtap. Both were booked under different sections of the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act. The police said the cheergirl hails from Nagpur, but was currently living in Mumbai.
She had come to Pune along with her mother and two friends a couple of days ago. She allegedly contacted Jagtap and asked her to send a customer at a hotel in Koregaon Park, the police said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet