Sex racket: Techie among three arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Social Security Cell of the Pune Police Crime Branch has arrested three woman including a 22-year-old software engineer who had studied in Sydney, Australia. Police said she works at a film production house in Mumbai on a salary of around Rs 65,000 a month.
The other two are a 21-year-old beautician from Mumbai and a 62-year-old woman identified as A H Somaiya, a resident of Himalayan Heights, Wadala.
On a tip-off, police laid a trap near Nucleus Mall on Friday. The police have arrested the trio under Sections of the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA). They were produced before the magistrate on Saturday and were remanded in police custody for three days.
The 22-year-old suspect reportedly told the police that she did BE (Information Technology) in Sydney and was working with a film production house in Mumbai. She entered sex trade just 10 days ago to earn easy money, she reportedly told the police. While her beautician aide has been involved in flesh trade for the past few months, it is suspected that Somaiya brought girls from Mumbai to Pune and Lonavala for prostitution.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held