‘Sex tape’: IRS officer arrested in Bangalore
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The city police on Thursday arrested an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, Nishant Devrajan Kallullathil, who allegedly videotaped acts of "unnatural sex" with his wife to blackmail her for dowry, from Bangalore.
Nishant was produced before a court here on Friday and remanded in police custody till September 25, said Inspector Chakshupal Bahadure.
According to a complaint filed by his wife and her father, Nishant was training at the National Academy of Direct Taxes here as IRS officer along with his wife when he prepared the alleged sex tape.
Nishant's mother and sister have also been booked and the police were on the lookout for them. "They were last seen in Chennai but have apparently fled the place," Bahadure told The Indian Express.
Nishant and his wife had met at NADT while undergoing training in 2010. They got married in February this year. According to the complaint with the police, the family of Nishant's wife had gifted 10 tolas of gold during the marriage. But Nishant now wanted a car and Rs 10 lakh more.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet