Shakira, Gerard Pique welcome baby boy
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Colombian superstar Shakira and her soccer star boyfriend Gerard Pique have received a late Christmas gift after welcoming their first child.
The 35-year-old 'Hips Don't Lie' hitmaker gave birth to a son on Thursday and her elated partner took to Twitter to share the happy news, reported People magazine.
"Our son (is) already born! We are very happy! Thank you all for your messages," Pique posted.
The name of the baby boy has not yet been released.
The new mom will be quite busy next year. She will fill in the vacant spot left by Christina Aguilera in the Spring cycle of "The Voice" and is also expected to release a new album.
Shakira revealed her pregnancy last September when announcing the cancellation of a Las Vegas gig.
The singer began dating sportsman Pique in 2011 after splitting from her longtime boyfriend Antonio de la Rua.
She and Antonio split in 2011 after 11 years together, but continued their professional relationship as a business partner. Their partnership was broken when they sued each other earlier this year.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet