Shakira, Gerard Pique welcome baby boy
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Columbian superstar Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
The 35-year-old 'Hips Don't Lie' hitmaker and her partner Gerard Pique welcomed their son Milan on Tuesday in a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, reported USA Today online.
Announcing the good news on her website, she wrote, "We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Pique Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Pique, born Jan. 22nd at 9:36 pm, in Barcelona, Spain."
Shakira went on to explain her newborn's name, adding, "It means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification. Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth."
Soccer star Pique plays for the Spanish team.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the hospital where the singer gave birth says mother and child are "in excellent health."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’