Shakira sued for $100 mn by ex over business profits
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Shakira has been slapped with a 100 million-dollar lawsuit by her former boyfriend/manager Antonio de la Rua for allegedly not paying him his share of her business profits after they broke up in 2011.
In Manhattan Supreme Court suit, Antonio de la Rua said that he transformed the struggling Shakira Mebarak Ripoll into a financial success.
The couple started dating in 2000 and the 35-year-old singer asked de la Rua to take over "the business behind the Shakira brand" after her 2004 tour had lost money, the New York Post reported.
The suit claims, that under his management, the 'Whenever Wherever' hitmaker earned "tens of millions of dollars" touring, and signed a 300-million-dollar-deal with Live Nation, the paper said.
The couple broke up in 2010, but their partnership in business continued until October 2011, when she had her lawyer fire him, the suit said.
Shakira has since refused to pay him any of the profits or property he's owed, the suit claimed.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations