Sham Fashion Mall owner murder: Gang of six interrogated
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The UT police however denied that any such thing had come out during investigation. Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vijay Kumar said, "Nothing of this sort has been established yet".
Gagandeep Khurrana, son of the deceased, said, "I inquired with the police as well as the CBI officials this morning, the CBI officials told me that they have a clue but no conclusive evidence against the six accused. They said that they are still investigating".
As per sources, on November 29, Thursday, the CBI officials questioned the gang of six trying to establish if the gang was involved in the murder of Amarjeet Singh who was shot dead at point blank range outside his residence in Sector 35 in May 2009.
Harinder Singh, younger brother of Amarjeet Singh said while talking to Newsline, "Our mother was in tears when we contacted her. It has been a very tough four years. We are trying to move on as normally as we can, but it is just not possible". To this, Gagandeep added, "We are very vigilant besides the private security personnel that we have hired to go out at night since this tragedy. The entire family is scared of people on motorcycles".
He also said the CBI and the police are going very slow on the case. "There was a time when I had come to know that the case was closed by the police. We have done everything to get hold of the people who did this to us, nothing has helped, not even the police or CBI".
Amarjeet Singh was shot at outside his home on May 7, 2009 at 10 pm. According to the police, four bullets were fired at Amarjeet who was in a car. One bullet hit the windshield of the car, while the others hit Amarjit in the cheekbone, chest and right arm. Amarjeet usually had a gunman accompanying him, but he was incidentally on leave that day. The police investigated the case for an year, and it was later transferred to the CBI in October 2010.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations