Shanta hails ‘historic’ verdict against Chautalas
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Former chief minister and BJP's national vice-president Shanta Kumar Friday termed the verdict against Haryana's former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala as 'historic and exemplary' claiming that misuse of power, corruption at high places and favoritism needs to be checked effectively in the country.
In a statement Shanta Kumar said: "I am pained that Chautala had been a close BJP ally. I compliment the couirt and also witnesses who stood for the truth and exposed irregularities and corruption in the recruitment of JBT teachers".
The leader addde that the youth were getting frustrated and the country is almost heading towards a civil war. "If such an appointments are probed in other places, almost 70 percent of the country's politicians and government servants will find themselves in jails. It is time for honest people to come forward and expose corruption. Judiciary has set an example through this judgment," he added.
Kumar also commended the role of Haryana's woman officer Rajni Sikari, who played a significant role in exposing the scam.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held