Shashi Tharoor favours making public identity of Delhi gangrape victim
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The girl was gangraped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six persons in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Activist Kiran Bedi said she supported Tharoor's suggestion about the naming new law against rape after the Delhi girl's real name or 'Nirbyaya'.
"I support S Tharoor on naming new law on rape after her real name or 'Nirbyaya'. This has been done in USA: Brady, Megan, Karly, Jessica Law etc," she tweeted.
She said that "in naming law after her, we immortalise her will to fight and live, not on the act of rape". "This way, we may remove the stigma," she said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'