Shirdi Sai Baba Trust to auction Rs 5 crore precious articles
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Articles made of gold, silver and diamonds worth Rs five crore, offered by devotees at the Sai Baba shrine here, would be auctioned in three phases starting October 18, a shrine official said today.
The first auction, to be held on October 18, would put up silver articles for bidding such as crowns, coins, glasses and garlands collectively weighing 22 kgs, Executive Officer of the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust, Kishore More, told reporters.
The second auction of gold articles would be conducted on November 1. The articles, totalling 32, would include crowns, garlands, rudraksha garlands, necklaces and bangles.
The third auction would be of diamonds and precious metals valued at Rs two crore.
It would include 52 articles such as yellow sapphire, blue sapphire and diamond stones. The main attraction would be that of a locket studded with two big diamonds valued at Rs 1.17 crore, More said.
All the details about the auction, which is being held after three years, would be posted on the website of the Sansthan -- www.shrisaibabasansthan.org --- he added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow