Shiv Jayanti celebrated in Maharashtra
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Shiv Jayanti, the birth anniversary of Shivaji Maharaj, was celebrated with traditional fervour in Maharashtra today.
In Mumbai, Governor K Sankaranarayanan paid floral tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj statue at Shivaji Park.
The programme was organised by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and the Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Commemoration Committee.
Mayor of Mumbai Sunil Prabhu, Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte, office bearers of Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Commemoration Committee and citizens were present on the occasion.
The Governor also participated in the Shiv Jayanticelebrations organised by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation at Mayor's Bungalow and listened to the patriotic songs presented by the Sangeet Kala Academy of Municipal Corporation.
The state government's official 'Shiv Jayanti' celebrations are held on February 19 each year. The Shiv Sena celebrates 'Shiv Jayanti' on March 24, while the state government holds the official celebrations on February 19.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held