Shiv Sena felicitates Ajmer Dargah diwan for opposing Pakistan PM's visit
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Shiv Sena today felicitated here the spiritual head of Ajmer Dargah, Zainul Abedin Ali Khan for boycotting Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf's recent visit to the shrine.
A delegation led by Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut honoured Ali,the descendant of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti and Ajmer Dargah Diwan, by presenting him with a sword and a shawl as a token of respect.
The move came after Ali's boycott of Ashraf's visit in protest of the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army on the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir inJanuary.
"We came here on direction by our leader Uddhav to personally thank and honour Diwan sahab for showing courage to oppose the visit of Pakistan's Prime Minister," Raut told reporters after his meeting with the Diwan.
He said the visit should not be politicised. During the meeting, Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray also spoke to the Diwan on telephone and invited him to visit Maharastra.
In turn, Diwan also invited Thackeray to be his guest in Ajmer. Sena had also strongly opposed the Pakistani Prime Minister's visit.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held