Shocker in Ghaziabad: Class XII student rapes tutor
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A Class XII student was arrested on Monday by Ghaziabad police on charges of assault and rape of his former private tutor at her residence on Monday morning. A senior police officer said the woman, a 20-year-old student of B Com, had stopped giving Amit Singh (18) accountancy tuitions because of his 'bad habits'.
Superintendent of Police (City) S S Yadav said: "The woman had agreed to tutor Amit because the families knew each other. However, because of his bad habits, she stopped teaching him two months ago. Amit had earlier failed in the Class XII examination twice. At 10.30 am on Monday, Singh went to her house when she was alone and assaulted her. The volume of the television was turned up to ensure that neighbours could not hear the screams of the woman. Later, a cousin of the woman found her bleeding and in a semi-conscious state. She was rushed to the hospital and is now stable."
A senior police officer said a case has been registered for assault and rape. "Medical examination has confirmed rape and Amit has been arrested. We are investigating the case," the officer said.
Later in the afternoon, a fight was reported between the families of the woman and Amit at the hospital where she is recuperating. Police said no one was assaulted during the fight.
"There was a heated argument, but police personnel stepped in and defused the situation," Yadav said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held