Shooters Vishwajeet, Gauri help Chandigarh hit bullís eye
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Led by superb performance from Vishwajeet Singh and Gauri, the Chandigarh shooting team returned with a rich haul of nine medals, including six gold and three silver, in the 32nd North Zone shooting championship held at New Delhi. Vishwajeet won two gold and two silver. He had a score of 269 out of 300 in Free Pistol men (NR) and Free Pistol junior men (NR) while he won silver in Sports Pistol junior mne (NR) and Standard Pistol junior men (NR) with scores of 259 and 246 respectively out of 300.
Gauri also won two gold. She struck gold in Sports Pistol women (NR) with 269 out of 300 and added another gold in Sports Pistol junior women (NR) category. Holinder Kumar won gold in Centre Fire Pistol ISSF men while Yashashwini claimed gold in Air Pistol ISSF youth women and a silver in Air Pistol ISSF junior women.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held