Singer Mika Singh gets bail
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Bollywood singer Mika Singh, who was arrested last night at the international airport here for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit, was today granted bail for Rs one lakh, Customs officials said.
"Singh was let off after being granted bail for Rs one lakh. In his statement, the singer claimed he got the money for performing stage shows for two days abroad," an official said.
Singh, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline at around 7.30 PM yesterday, had been intercepted by the officials. During checking, he was found in possession of USD 12,000 and Rs 3 lakh cash.
As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and USD 5,000 need to make a declaration about the same upon arrival, the official said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession following which he was arrested under relevant sections of Customs Act.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'