Sirsa triple murder case: Husband’s girlfriend held
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Haryana police on Friday arrested a Sirsa based woman, Meenu (25), on charges of hatching a criminal conspiracy with her paramour Malkiyat Singh to kill his wife and children. However, they are yet to certain whether Malkiyat's wife Amarjit Kaur had committed suicide after killing her two children - Navdeep Kaur (18 months) and Sehaj Singh (six months) - or if the three were murdered.
Meenu, a divorcee with a five-year-old son, Malkiyat had an illicit affair due to which there used to be frequent altercations between Amarjit and her husband.
"We are still probing whether it was a murder or Amarjit killed the children and committed suicide. Malkiyat is the prime accused and he claims he was with Meenu when the incident took place," Inspector Jagdish Rai, the investigating officer of the case, said.
"The post mortem report revealed that all three died of burn injuries. It is possible that the woman poured diesel in the house and then set it on fire, which killed her and the children," Rai added.
Meanwhile, Malkiyat was produced in the court today and remanded to police custody for a day. Malkiyat and Meenu, besides Malkiyat's brother and father were booked on charges of murder and criminal conspiracy, on the complaint of Amarjit's brother Randhir Singh.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’