Six-month-old infant dies on board Rajdhani Express
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A six-month-old girl died on board the New Delhi-Kolkata Rajdhani Express due to what is suspected to be a "cardiac arrest" on Wednesday. The train, at the time, was crossing Ghaziabad.
Northern Railway officials said the infant was rushed to a hospital in Ghaziabad, when passengers pulled the emergency chain.
Police said Vijender Yadav, a resident of Azamgarh who works with the Army, was travelling to New Jalpaiguri with his wife, daughter and a relative.
"The train left New Delhi station at 2 pm, and soon after, the family contacted the train superintendent saying the child was unwell.
"A doctor from AIIMS was on board, who checked the child and said it seemed like a cardiac arrest. The chain was pulled at 2:33 pm and Railway Protection Force transported her to the district hospital," Spokesperson of Northern Railway Neeraj Sharma said.
A doctor at the hospital said: "She had a previous condition and suffered a cardiac arrest. All symptoms were present."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held