'Skyfall' UK's highest-grossing film of all time
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
James Bond movie "Skyfall" has broken records at the UK box office by becoming the highest grossing movie in British cinema history.
The 23rd installment of the 007 franchise, starring Daniel Craig as the suave superspy and directed by Sam Mendes, was an instant hit with audiences and critics alike upon its release in October, landing the biggest seven-day gross takings of all time in the UK, reported Daily Express.
It has now broken all box office records by raking in 94.2 million pounds in 40 days, overtaking the previous record held by "Avatar", which earned just over 94 million pounds in 2009.
"We're overwhelmed with gratitude to the cinema-going audiences in the UK who have made Skyfall the highest grossing film of all time.
"We are very proud of this film and thank everybody, especially Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes, who have contributed to its success," Producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said in a statement.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow