Small-time actor held for lewd calls to woman singer
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Oshiwara police on Sunday arrested a struggling actor for allegedly making lewd phone calls to singer Supriya Joshi.
The suspect, identified as Ramesh, used a cellphone that had a feature through which he could change the way his voice sounded.
Police said Ramesh used to make such calls to not only women in the film industry but also change his voice and talk like a woman to men.
"Ramesh claims he did this for fun and that he did not have any other intention," said API Ravindra Patil.
Patil said after Joshi registered a complaint about lewd text messages and phone calls, they tried tracing the number but could not find a match. "When we learnt that the calls were being made by a struggling actor, we called him to a location in Andheri pretending to be film producers. We told him that he needed to give an audition for a role in a Bollywood film, which tempted him," said Patil.
Joshi, who stays in Lokhandwala in Andheri (West), said in the past two months a man called and sent her SMSes using obscene language. "I could neither concentrate on work nor live peacefully," said Joshi.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow