Snag holds up Metro at Jor Bagh station
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The services of the HUDA City Centre to Jahangirpuri Metro suffered a minor delay at 5 pm on Friday, after a train's doors developed a snag. This led to the Metro train being stalled at Jor Bagh station for more than the usual time.
"When the Metro reached the Jor Bagh platform, the train doors opened after a delay of about three to four minutes. After the commuters got down at the Metro station, the doors failed to close. The Metro then remained at the station for about 20 minutes," a commuter said.
The incident also affected the Metro frequency on the corridor.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation confirmed the incident.
"The train doors sensors are sensitive if any object comes in its range. It could have been the case here too. Some object may have come into the range of the sensors, so they did not close," the official said.
According to officials, the Metro delay was quickly corrected and service resumed on the corridor.
"The Metro had halted at Jor Bagh for around 5 to 6 minutes. A slight delay could have surfaced, but it was quickly overcome and did not affect the peak hour travel," an official said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM