Snow avalanche kills one in Uttarakhand
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
An employee of the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment was killed and three Army jawans were injured in a snow avalanche at a forward post near the Indo-China border in the district, ITBP sources said.
The snow avalanche occurred yesterday when a SASE team and Army personnel were jointly carrying out a routine exercise near Pulam Sundar post, the last Indian post along the Indo-China border in the district, they said.
The SASE employee killed in the avalanche has been identified as Ramchandra.
The three Army personnel injured in the avalanche have been rescued and are being brought in an IAF chopper to Harsil, 73 kms from here, for treatment, they said.
SASE is a private company that works under the Defence Ministry
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held