As Shakeel hits out at 'maun' Narendra Modi, Digvijay slams Gurumurthy
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thurssday ridiculed BJP for giving a clean chit to its President Nitin Gadkari after an internal examination of his business accounts by RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy wondering if he was BJP's CAG.
"Gurumurthy BJP's CAG?" Singh wondered in a post on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Firing a fresh salvo at BJP, Singh had yesterday reminded that Gadkari had in past defended former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurppa over the corruption issue.
"Gadkari on Yedurappa corruption 'Immoral but not illegal'. BJP response to Gadkari's fraud companies 'Neither Illegal nor Immoral' Jai Ho BJP," Singh had commented on Twitter.
Divisions persist within BJP over the continuance of Gadkari as its president even after the clean chit given by the party's Core Group on the functioning of his companies.
Gurumurthy had made a presentation on the investments made in Gadkari's company Purti Sugar and Power Ltd before the BJP Core Group.
The AICC general secretary, who has been frequently attacking BJP, had also said sarcastically, "My admiration for (L K) Advani has gone up for his principled stand on Gadkari. "Advani sangharsh karo Jaswant, Yashwant, Ram (Jethmalani) Aapke saath hain (Advani you struggle. Jaswant, Yashwant and Ram Jethmalani are with you)".
Singh's comment came in the backdrop of the public demand made by BJP MP Jethmalani seeking Gadkari's immediate resignation with apparent backing of some senior leaders including Jaswant Singh and Yashwant Sinha.
In his latest comment on Twitter, Singh congratulated Advani on his birthday. "Happy birthday to Advani ji. Shat ayu hon (May you live a hundred years)."
Meanwhile, Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed targeted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for taking potshots at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"After calling PM as Maun Mohan Singh, Narendra Modi (has) himself forced to (become) 'Maun' on the corruption charges against Gadkari. God is really Great," Ahmed said on Twitter.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow