Sofia Vergara highest paid TV actress
"Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara has been named the highest paid TV actress by Forbes owing to her USD 19 million earnings between May 2011-2012.
The 40-year-old Colombian actress' hit show "Modern Family" is averaging 12 million viewers in its third season. A slew of endorsement and licensing deals keep her paychecks fat and LatinWE, the media company she cofounded in 1996, just had a top-earning year with USD 27 million in revenues.
The past twelve months have made Vergara the reigning queen of prime time TV, out-earning reality star Kim Kardashian, who comes in at second place on the list with USD 18 million in earnings.
Eva Longoria ranks third, pulling in USD 15 million for her role on "Desperate Housewives". Longoria's got earnings that land her far above her on-screen neighbours; endorsement deals with L'Oreal and Pepsi Next earned her USD 5 million.
Reality TV dominated the top five - Kim's sister Khloe Kardashian Odom and Skinnygirl Bethenny Frankel complete the top tier of the best paid TV actresses list with USD 11 and USD 12 million respectively.
"30 Rock" star Tina Fey, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Mariska Hargitay, "New Girl" Zooey Deschanel, "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman and "Grey's Anatomy" actress Ellen Pompeo rounded out the top ten.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow