Some people are indulging in character assassination: Hooda
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said some people are playing politics of "character assassination" to "weaken and defame" Congress in the state.
According to a statement issued by the Haryana government, Hooda also said only Congress can keep the country united.
"People very well understand that some elements are playing politics of character assassination to weaken and defame the Congress party. But the fact is that the people are very much with the Congress despite all the propaganda," Hooda said.
"People know that the Congress is the only party which can keep the country united and they know that if Congress becomes weak, the country will become weak," he said.
Hooda was addressing a meeting of Haryana Ministers, MPs, MLAs which was called to review the preparations for a forthcoming rally of UPA in the national capital.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'