Son of Sylvester Stallone found dead in Los Angeles home
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The 36-year-old son of Sylvester Stallone was found dead in his Los Angeles home, leaving the actor griefstricken as authorities investigated the cause, a publicist and authorities said.
Sage Stallone was found unresponsive by an employee and a relative on Friday. There were no signs of foul play or trauma, and no suicide note was found, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said.
"Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son," publicist Michelle Bega said in a statement. "His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha."
He was found on Friday afternoon at his home on Mullholland Drive in the Studio City area, and police arrived and confirmed he was dead, Winter said.
Prescription bottles were recovered in the investigation, but Winter could not say what kind or how many, and whether they had a role in his death. Winter said an autopsy would be performed in the next few days and investigators will look into Stallone's medical history, but a cause of death was likely to take several weeks while toxicology tests are performed.
George Braunstein, Sage's attorney for 15 years, said friends and acquaintances had become concerned as they hadn't heard from Stallone in the past day, Braunstein said. He said the housekeeper found the body.
Sylvester Stallone appeared on Thursday at Comic-Con, the San Diego pop culture festival, to promote his upcoming film Expendables 2 with friend and co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was not clear whether he had remained at the convention or had returned to Los Angeles on Friday.
Sage Moonblood Stallone was the oldest of Sylvester Stallone's children and co-starred with his father in two films. He was the first of two sons Stallone had with first wife Sasha Czack.
"Sage was a talented and wonderful young man, his loss will be felt forever,'' Bega said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations