Sonam Kapoor has rejected many film offers: Anil Kapoor
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Sonam Kapoor has done only seven films in the five years that she has spent so far in Bollywood but her father Anil Kapoor says he is proud of his daughter's choice of projects.
The 52-year-old actor said Sonam is not the kind of actress who looks for quantity and has rejected many big projects in her quest for quality.
"Sonam always says that she doesn't want to be a decorative element in a film. She wants a substantial role and to get that, she has rejected many film offers.
"Being a father I am proud of this attitude of hers. I know in the long run it will help her evolve as a good actress and will make her base strong," Anil said.
The "Slumdog Millionnaire" star, who is the brand ambassador for NGO Plan India, was in the capital to announce the first ever International Day for the Girl Child, to be celebrated tomorrow.
"Being an actor and having spent almost four decades in showbiz, it's my responsibility to associate myself with causes which I feel strongly for.
"My life is ruled by three women - my two daughters and wife. Women are superior to men in every field and I feel they should be worshipped. I always had more female friends than male ones," he said.
The day will be celebrated by illuminating four monuments in Delhi and Hyderabad in pink.
Having begun his career in 1979 with Umesh Mehra's "Hamare Tumhare", Anil has been a part of many female-oriented films like "Lamhe" and "Beta". "When I got success after doing some larger than life characters in the 80s', I chose chose to do films which are female dominated. I did 'Mr India' where I had an invisible role and Sridevi got a lot of credit for the film.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow