Sonia likely to meet Jind rape victim’s kin today
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
With the state government facing flak over a series of rapes in Haryana, Congress president Sonia Gandhi was all set to visit Jind district, where a teenage Dalit girl immolated herself after being raped, on Tuesday.
Sources said Sonia was likely to meet the family members of the victim who belong to Narwana area of the district. The Haryana government had on Thursday formed a three-member committee at the district level to investigate, monitor and ensure speedy prosecution of such crimes.
Rattled by increasing number of rape cases in Haryana, the DGP of the state Ranjiv Singh Dalal on Monday directed SPs and SHOs to tour rural areas to take action against miscreants.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet