SP cash scheme for Muslim girls ineffective: BSP
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The BSP on Tuesday said that the SP government's reported scheme for providing monetary help to Muslim girls for education or marriage will not benefit people as the schemes run by the BSP government did.
In a statement, the BSP said the SP government was only making announcements but had not done anything till now. On the other hand, the schemes like Savitri Bai Phule Balika Shiksha Madad Yojana, run by the BSP government, had provided benefits to lakhs of girls belonging to Muslim and other communities, said the statement. It said the SP government had closed those schemes because of political ill will.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations