SP govt launched jobless dole as BSP govt created no jobs: Akhilesh
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Replying to the debate on the Governor's address in the Assembly, Akhilesh said, "One can look at any budget of the BSP government. Every budget had provision for stones, statues and memorials. Corruption had become a routine affair. Their ministers are in jail. Some more people will go to jail. Their misdeeds are coming to the fore."
The BSP members were not present in the House as they had staged a walkout in zero hour, alleging that the ruling party was conducting the business of the House in a high-handed manner.
The CM said, "Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya was looking for a reason to walk out. Discussion on sugar cane and sugar mills was going on, but they left.''
Akhilesh said the BSP had alleged that the government had copied their welfare schemes, but the fact was that every scheme launched by the Samajwadi Party government was original. For example, the Lohia Samagra Gram Vikas Yojana for development of backward villages will include 41 schemes of 22 department unlike only five schemes in the Ambedkar village scheme of the previous government.
"In the Ambedkar village scheme, the development work was meant for a specific caste and done only in their locality. We will develop entire villages which are selected on the basis of backwardness and not on the concentration of a specific caste," he said.
Akhilesh said his government had launched the unemployment allowance scheme as no employment was created in five years by the BSP government. "We are trying to develop employment avenues. We are streamlining everything from ITI, polytechnic to engineering colleges. Stress is on skill development. There is a programme of the central government for skill development but its funds were also siphoned away."
Fo sake of Taj, Agra to become solar city
LUCKNOW: The state government plans to develop Agra as a solar city in order to save the Taj Mahal from pollution, said a minister on Friday. The proposal for making Agra a solar city was approved by Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in 2009 following which Agra Nagar Nigam made a master plan which was approved by the government of India in 2012, Minister for Alternative Energy Sources, Vijay Kumar Misra told the Vidhan Sabha. Misra was replying to a question by Dharampal Singh of BSP.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow