SP govt to ‘return’ prison dept its jail training institute
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Prison Department is also planning to make better use of the SJTI campus and building. "We have planned to shift the Prison Headquarers to the SJTI campus. It does not have its own building and is running in rented space at PICUP Bhawan in Lucknow," Singh said.
After assuming power, the SP government had started utilising the space at memorials constructed during Mayawati regime. Already, a Parag milk booth and canteen has been set up in the building meant for public convenience near the Ambedkar Smarak in Gomti Nagar.
The Women Power Line functions from the administrative block of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal while the National Investigation Agency is also likely to get space for setting up its local office in one of the buildings of these memorials.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet