SP MLA ‘manhandles’ doc over pvt practice
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A government doctor posted at Sidharth Nagar district hospital was allegedly manhandled by SP MLA Vijay Kumar and his associates Saturday. The MLA accused Dr Mahesh Prasad of doing private practice. Cross-FIRs have been lodged into the incident.
Angry over the incident, doctors in Sidharth Nagar staged a protest demanding the arrest of the MLA. They closed down the OPD at the hospital and threatened to shut other services if their demands were not met soon.
"If Dr Prasad was involved in private practice then the MLA should have complained about him and get legal action initiated instead of attacking him," said Dr RB Ram, chief of Sidharth Nagar unit of Provincial Medical Services.
Vijay Kumar, a first-time MLA, alleged that Dr Prasad attacked him with a blunt object when he took his photographs doing private practice in a rented room.
Additional SP, Sidharth Nagar, Ashok Kumar Verma said cross-FIRs have been lodged by both parties. "The picture would be clear after investigation," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet