SP MLA 'manhandles' doctor for ‘private practice’
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
On a complaint filed by Dr Prasad, the Sidharth Nagar police have lodged FIR against the MLA, his three associates and 10-12 unidentified persons. The case has been registered under section 452 (House-trepass alter preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restrain), 506 (criminal intimidation), 323 (Voluntarily causing hurt) and 147 (Rioting) and SC/ST Act.
On the other hand, on Vijay Kumar's complaint, a case has been registered against Dr Prasad under section 307 (attempt to murder), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace).
Ahmed suspends Kanpur doctor
A medical officer working at UHM Hospital, Kanpur, was suspended by state Health and Family Welfare Minister Ahmed Hasan for dereliction of duty. As per a press release by the government, Dr Prashant Mishra was suspended after Hasan went for a surprise inspection of the hospital on December 2, during which he received several complaints against the doctor.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations