SP MLA’s aide held for ‘raping’ girl
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by an employee of Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Jagram Paswan in City Kotwali police station area of Balrampur district.
The girl was allegedly abducted on Tuesday night and released by the accused last evening. Balrampur Additional SP (ASP) Manik Chand Saroj, who is officiating as SP, said a case of abduction and rape was registered on Thursday and the accused arrested.
The medical examination of the victim has been conducted and the report is awaited, Saroj confirmed.
The 14-year-old girl alleged that Rakesh (18), employed at the office of the local MLA, had abducted and raped her.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet