SP MLA’s aide held for ‘raping’ girl
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by an employee of Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Jagram Paswan in City Kotwali police station area of Balrampur district.
The girl was allegedly abducted on Tuesday night and released by the accused last evening.
Balrampur Additional SP (ASP) Manik Chand Saroj, who is officiating as SP, said that a case of abduction and rape was registered today and the accused arrested.
The medical examination of the victim has been conducted and the report is awaited, Saroj confirmed.
He said that Rakesh (18), who is employed at the office of the local MLA, had allegedly abducted the 14-year-old on Tuesday night and kept her in the office. The girl alleged that Rakesh raped her in the office, issuing life threats, and left her near her house on Wednesday.
The MLA, who lives with his family adjacent to the office, had gone to his native place, the ASP added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet