SP MLA’s SUV knocks down three students
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A rashly driven SUV of Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh knocked down two girl students of the local inter college and a boy, leaving them injured, in cantonment police station area of Faizabad district on Tuesday morning.
The driver fled, leaving the vehicle at the spot, and is yet to be arrested. The injured are undergoing treatment at the district hospital where the condition of one girl was critical.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency and a historysheeter of Gosainganj police station.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Toyota Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to the police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late this evening.
Asked about the accident, SSP Singh said he was busy with VIP duty and not aware of the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
Station Officer Yadav said that an Innova hit three persons, including two students who were going to school, around 8 am near the FCI godown. The vehicle knocked down a boy too. The driver left the vehicle there and fled. Two children who were in school uniform and sitting inside the SUV also left, he said.
Asked about the victims, the SO replied that he was unaware of their identity as he could not visit them in hospital.
The injured were identified as Shalu (17), Priyanka (18) and Arjun (20). Shalu is said to be critical.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow