SP MLA’s SUV knocks down three students
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The driver fled, leaving the vehicle at the spot, and is yet to be arrested. The injured are undergoing treatment at the district hospital where the condition of one girl was critical.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency and a historysheeter of Gosainganj police station.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Toyota Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to the police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late this evening.
Asked about the accident, SSP Singh said he was busy with VIP duty and not aware of the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
Station Officer Yadav said that an Innova hit three persons, including two students who were going to school, around 8 am near the FCI godown. The vehicle knocked down a boy too. The driver left the vehicle there and fled. Two children who were in school uniform and sitting inside the SUV also left, he said.
Asked about the victims, the SO replied that he was unaware of their identity as he could not visit them in hospital.
The injured were identified as Shalu (17), Priyanka (18) and Arjun (20). Shalu is said to be critical.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM