Special parking lots, food court for Davis Cup tie
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
For those fearing traffic chaos and paucity of parking space during the Davis Cup Asia Oceania second round play-offs between India and New Zealand from September 14, there is good news. Parking spots have been identified and special attention given to make everything convenient for the general public. Tennis lovers who have purchased tickets of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 will get VIP treatment as they can come to the stadium only half hour prior to the commencement of the match, and also enjoy valet service so that they can reach the venue without any difficulty. "We have specially kept parking and traffic chaos in mind and identified spots for parking so that the general public doesn't face any difficulty in reaching the stadium in time," said CLTA media panel chairman Jagjit Puri, .
While the VIPs would be provided parking space at the Government Polytechnic College for Women and DAV College in Sector 10, the general public can park their vehicles at Leisure Valley, which is just a stone throw away from the stadium. Since it is after a gap of 19 years that Chandigarh is hosting a Davis Cup tie, apart from the facelift given to the stadium, special arrangements have been made for the safety and security of guests, players, officials and the public. "CLTA has always hired its own private security for special events and this time also we are doing the same. While the agency will provide internal security, the UT will take care of the external security," added Puri.
And keeping in mind that a large number of tennis lovers will come to see home lad Sanam and other players in action, the police have been handed over the charge to control traffic. Also, there would two-three traffic points for the smooth running of the traffic.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held